Sunday, July 17, 2005

Third-Tier Conversation

Macy: Want to hear the funny story now?
Brian: Yes, but it better be worth it.
Macy: Well my boyfriend doesn't like the idea of us hanging out together.
Brian: Why not?
Macy: Because he feels threatened by you.
Me: Hahahaha.
Brian: That is funny but why does he feel threatened by me?
Macy: I don't know. It's just a vibe he gets from you.
Brian: I give out a threatening vibe?
Macy: To him, yes. He notices that we spend a lot of time hanging out together, talking on the phone, and chatting online.
Brian: Oh.
Macy: But I told him I do the same with Wayne and asked him why he doesn't get the same vibe from Wayne.
Me: I don't threaten him?
Brian: Yeah, why isn't he threatened by Wayne?
Me: Yeah, why isn't he threatened by me?
Macy: It's because he sees you as an older brother to me and he thinks you're really funny so he's not threatened by you at all.
Me: Well this isn't really a funny story anymore. Not for me anyway.
Brian: Yeah, for you, it started out as a funny story and ended up as a sad one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey now! 1) the story was meant to be funny for brian... i can only deal w/ one insecure male ego at at time; 2) for the record, that convo was so not verbatim!!!

W said...

For the record, this is a family blog and Macy swears like a chinese drunken sailor sailing across the Taiwanese Strait so that's why it's not verbatim. That and I'm not about to start carrying a tape recorder or pad and pencil around with me. Though that isn't such a bad idea since I forget a lot of things that are definitely blogworthy.