Friday, May 27, 2005

How Late Is Late?*

Researchers have finally decided how late is late - 10 minutes, 17 seconds.

That is the lateness threshold at which people feel it necessary to telephone and admit they are going to be late.

However, about 10% of us would not consider calling until at least 30 minutes beyond the "agreed appointment time", says the study, by motorists' website GetMeThere.co.uk.

[A]lmost 70% of young women believe it is "acceptable, if not fashionable" to be late on a first date because it makes them feel "less desperate".

*Alternative title: "Late is Macy attending Business Associations" which usually exceeded the 10 minutes and 17 seconds. Though maybe she just wanted to seem less desperate to learn Business Associations than the rest of us.

2 comments:

matt said...

I always wonder what makes people late. I am always (like 100% of the time) at least five minutes EARLY. So, by the time someone is 10 minutes late, we've got a 15 minute gap and I am starting to get pissed.

W said...

I try to be the same way, usually I give myself plenty of time for traffic and don't mind being 15 minutes early and waiting around but having to wait 15 minutes for someone who is that late gets me annoyed.