1. Don't dye your hair.
2. Do brief cases. People may say they don't brief cases anymore but I bet you they all can. So brief cases until you know you can do it appropriately. And by briefing cases, I don't mean you have to necessarily write them out, you can and probably should book brief to save some time.
3. Don't get mad at the gunners. If you have a problem with certain people answering all the questions or asking all the questions, either ask or answer some yourself or be happy that they're willing to take all of the heat.
4. Don't use those damn rolly bags unless you have a back or shoulder problem. They take up too much room in the elevators.
5. Do sleep with the 3Ls.
6. Don't pay membership fees to join a student organization merely because you want their outlines. Those outlines will make their way around campus eventually so save yourself a few bucks.
7. Do participate in the social events planned by SBA and the student organizations especially early on in the year. It doesn't matter how smart you are if you can't get along with people.
8. Don't make friends with people just because you think they're smart. Chances are they're not that smart and anyway it won't help you get the grades they get.
9. Do meet with your professors outside of class during their office hours. Chances are your professors are not as big an asshole or a bitch as they come off during class and by meeting them outside of that environment you'll less likely be intimidated by them.
10. Do sit in the back of the class if you insist on wearing a thong to school that peeks above your pants' waistline... unless you're hot, then by all means, give everyone a view by sitting up front.
11. Don't rent out a locker, just use your car.
12. Do try to go to every class prepared. But if you're not and you happen to get called on, please don't BS some answer that makes no sense, you're just wasting everyone's time.