Friday, June 17, 2005

Third-Tier Conversation

Me: So what area of law are you thinking of going into now?
Trini: Criminal law actually.
Me: Working for the government or private practice?
Trini: The government.
Me: Let me guess, a PD?
Trini: Yup.
Me: That's terrible.
Trini: No it's not. I'm thinking of defending juveniles.
Me: That's the worst kind!
Trini: Why?
Me: You'll be putting criminals back on the street with a full career ahead of them.
Trini: No I won't! I'll rehabilitate them first.
Me: That's so you Trini, forever the idealist.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go, Trini!!!!

W said...

... far far away enough so that your clients can't hurt me.

Anonymous said...

Trini, I get the same response from everyone else too. Can't have dark without light, can't have evil w/o good; can't have a prosecutor w/o public defender.
--Boargart

Anonymous said...

How can you simultaneously rehabilitate them while you're trying to get him to walk?