Sunday, December 19, 2004

Megan's Law Database Now Online

Many sex offenders can be displayed by city, ZIP Code, county or within a predetermined radius of a selected address, park, or school.
It's even got photographs of every individual sex offender who is registered in California, which is all too freaky for me. Also provided are the list of offenses each has committed. So not only do you know that these people live near you but also know what they look like and what they did.

There are 20 of them registered in my zip code alone. So the chances of bumping into one of them don't seem too unlikely enough. What to do if I should run into one of these people at my grocery store? Again, the words of my mentee come to mind.

Here's one of the fucker's list of offenses.
288(a) LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS
288a(c) ORAL COPULATION WITH PERSON UNDER 14/ETC OR BY FORCE/ETC
289(a) PRIOR CODE-SEXUAL PENETRATION WITH FOREIGN OBJECT BY FORCE
f289(a) PRIOR CODE-SEXUAL PENETRATION WITH FOREIGN OBJECT BY FORCE
Talk about TMI - and maybe I should stop saying things like a young teen knowing that these bitches are around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You think thats bad? I have 45 in my zip code, including 2 on my street. But... if you really want to see bad, check out the mile surrounding Southwestern. Needless to say, I am never walking alone again.

-Sara