Wednesday, December 29, 2004

At Least 1 Dead From Tsunami

I usually get my news first from the internet and then from the newspaper, if from the newspaper at all. Why? More convenient to turn on the computer and check the websites than to go outside in the cold morning searching for a paper that could be either on the driveway, on the sidewalk, or underneath one of the cars requiring me to either move the car to reach or getting belly flat on the dirty ground. As such, I read the headline on CNN this morning that the death toll from the tsunami had reached 80,000. I get the LA Times later and read that the death toll had reached 60,000. It's been like that for the past few days now.

Now I might be in the minority of those who check the internet for their morning news first rather than their paper indicating little potential for a problem for newspapers but that's what they probably thought before this and this happened. So just in case, maybe the newspapers should start with considering a different approach to headlines and then with the way they deliver the news altogether. Like getting my effin' paper on the driveway without getting it underneath one of the cars.

No comments: