Saturday, August 07, 2004

First Order Of Business As APALSA Board Member

Hi Wayne,

I hope you have had an enjoyable summer.

I'm wondering what plans are in the works to welcome incoming first-year
students to Southwestern and to recruit them to join APALSA.

APALSA has traditionally held an event (usually a picnic) before school
begins that incoming students are invited to attend and meet each other,
the APALSA board, and other upper-division students.

Since first-years comprise the bulk of APALSA's membership, it is vital to
reach out to the incoming first-years as soon as possible and to let them
know of the great benefits and events that APALSA offers.

If you could please let me know what plans you and your board have in mind,
that would be great.

Also, if you could give me a list of the officers (names and offices) and
their email addresses, I would greatly appreciate it.

If you have questions about anything, please ask me.

I look forward to working with you and the rest or the Board with the goal
of having another successful year.

Sincerely,

Professor Dennis Yokoyama

No comments: