Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Sectionmates

I'm in general agreement with this:
My classmates are one of the best parts of law school. I look back on that advice ["You will like the subject matter, and you'll like the professors, but your classmates, you won't like them."] and laugh. My classmates are smart, motivated, compassionate, idealistic, funny, hard-working, generous, and respectful. Sure, some of them have their quirks. Sure, not everybody is happy all of the time with everything. But heck, who doesn't have quirks? Who is happy all of the time?

But most days, allowing yourself a bad mood day here or there, you'll like your classmates. Honest. And, if you're lucky like me, they'll be one of the best parts of your law school experience.
I've been as fortunate as her if not more so. My sectionmates, and I'm not just talking about those who are my friends, have easily been one of the best parts of my law school experience. They never fail to let a class go by without at least teaching me something new or giving me a reason to smile amid all the law school drudgery. So as odd and annoying as some of them can be, I can't imagine a better law school experience without any of them.

The bad mood days have to go though.

No comments: