Sunday, January 18, 2004

Law School Memory #14: My Sincerest Apology

Caroline had been giving me a hard time about me being mean to her. One day, in passing, she called me meanie. Childish behavior to be sure but not quite as childish as my response. To show her just how mean I could be I playfully pushed her aside.

She made a big deal about it at the time and to this day she falsely claims I had punched her in the arm instead of the slight push I actually gave her.

Well that very same day she actually got to me and I felt a little sorry for what I had done. But only a little.

So during the lunch break I went into what would be her next class, got a dry erase marker, and wrote up on the whiteboard, "I'm Sorry Caroline. - Wayne" in effect, I apologized to her in front of her entire class.

Of course, she didn't quite take it that way and was embarrassed before her sectionmates. Which was fine by me seeing that I am a meanie.

No comments: